Wednesday, June 15, 2016

My oh My What a Wonderful Day!

Man it is hot! As I stated in my previous post,  we headed to Asheville for the day yesterday and when I turned the ignition the thermometer read 99 and it felt it. We stopped off at the Chocolate Lounge and did some non-Biltmore things.

Earlier in the day we were at the WNC Farmers Market and wandered the area and I found something that I have wanted for a while, but figured it would be almost impossible to find. I found a DVD of a controversial Disney movie called Song of the South. The controversy comes from the PC police and is birthed very much like the Confederate Flag issue. For those of you who are not aware it tells the stories of Uncle Remus and Brer Bear, Fox, and Rabbit. If you have ever ridden on Splash Mountain you are familiar with these characters  as this ride is based on the story. People are offended over the portrayal of Uncle Remus. I don't want to make this a history lesson but to say, what better way to teach our children about social injustices is there than to let them know they once existed and show them in a home environment and have discussion.

One reason I bought it was for the music. Don't let this get out but I like music, especially music that takes me to my favorite place. When I hear Zip-ee-doo-dah... I am taken to the Magic Kingdom as I am about to be thrown into the briar patch and possibly get splashed and cooled off. It is my favorite of the Magic Kingdom mountain range, which includes Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain along with Splash.

I am hearing my youngest do his best Incredible Hulk impersonation and try to tell me he is hungry so I have to go get him some lunch. Gotta go, have a magical day!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment